Do you experience innovation disconnect?
We live in a hyper-connected society with excessive connections that result in unsurpassed levels of complexity. The 2010 IBM CEO study suggests that institutions are ill-prepared for today’s complex operating environment – ones that are substantially more volatile, less predictable and more complex than ever before. The IBM study goes on to say, “Today’s complexity is only expected to rise, and more than half of CEOs doubt their ability to manage it.” The ability to “shift” and be more creative needs cultivation.
A method for cultivating and unleashing emergent possibilities is Connected Innovation. Since no one person can know everything and no small group of people can control everything, Connected Innovation:
– Engages others in experimentation.
– Builds resiliency with an eye towards the future.
– Requires persistent scouting for new opportunities and emerging movements.
– Extends relationships beyond existing boundaries.
The shifting demands of a hyper-connected world challenges and requires a deep personal understanding of when to take action, when to stand firm, when to leverage bottom-up ideas, and when to lead from the inside-out.
To learn more about connected innovation:
1. Write to andreab and ask for a recent article.
2. Call us, and learn how we can help you develop your own Connected Innovation capabilities.