“The process has allowed us to focus specifically on the individual candidate and his/her “real skills” and areas where improvement can be focused. In one particular case, it was a key validating point for us that said we should take caution in hiring a very senior level candidate. Bottom line….the process is a key ingredient for us as we move forward with the goal of attracting and developing our employees at the director and above level.”
Sr VP of Human Resources, Cricket Communications
Horizontal. Vertical. Contextual
Today’s complexity and ambiguity require exceptional executives. We work with leaders to develop them for the role, opportunities and challenges they face.
Horizontal development focuses on leader behaviors and competencies needed to perform well in a role or position. Our consultants help leaders acquire new skills, abilities and behaviors to deepen and expand their learning and performance.
Vertical development focuses on supporting leaders’ progress through predictable stages of mental development. At later stages, leaders make sense of the world in more complex, inclusive and self-reflective ways. Leaders who perform at later stages have a greater ability to learn, perform in complex environments, set new direction and lead change. They also adapt faster to complex situations and have a greater ability for strategic and big picture thinking.
Contextual development supports leaders as they navigate an organization’s culture and political environment. As leaders transition to new roles and work to build sustainable organizations, they better accelerate their success when they understand unwritten rules, performance expectations and cultural norms.
Assessment Tools and Feedback:
- Identify success factors of top talent.
- Determine self-awareness and emotional intelligence.
- Design SMART individual development plans.
- Determine strategic thinking, business acumen and decision analysis ability.
- Measure leadership agility, creativity, learning and influence.
- Interpret CEO and Board assessment and feedback.
Innolect consultants are certified to administer and interpret
all of the following assessment tools and instruments.
[tabs slidertype=”left tabs” fx=”fade”]
[tabtext]360 and Multi-rater Feedback[/tabtext]
[tabtext]Leadership and Management[/tabtext]
[/tabcontainer] [tabcontent] [tab]
Leadership Maturity Assessment Profile (MAP)
- In the 1970’s Jane Loevinger introduced the Washington University Sentence Completion Test as a method to identify the stage of development of an individual. Since then, through the ground breaking work of Susanne Cook-Greuter, Ph.D., and William Torbert, Ph.D., the sentence completion test has been revised to assess the stage of development of leaders. It is now known as the Maturity Assessment Profile (MAP) or Leadership Development Profile (LDP).
- The MAP describes nine different stages, (also known as action logics) that a person uses to make sense of their world. Those nine stages are Impulsive, Opportunist, Diplomat, Expert, Achiever, Individualist/Pluralist, Strategist, Magician and Unitive. To assess your stage of development, you complete 36 sentence stems which are scored by a trained assessor. The results provide you with an overview of stage theory, your current stage of development, and suggestions for how to be most effective at your stage. A coach trained in developmental theory will debrief your MAP results with you, paying close attention to the fit of your stage with what’s being asked of you in your organization and the roles you play in your life.
- If you’d like to know your developmental stage, there are three steps to the process. Step One: After you submit payment, you will receive the MAP via email to complete. You will need up to 45 minutes to respond to the 36 sentence stems. For the best results, this needs to be done in one sitting. Once you’ve completed the Maturity Assessment Profile (MAP), you return it via email for scoring. Step Two: It will take 3-4 weeks for your MAP to be scored. As soon as it’s received, you’ll be contacted via email to schedule a 90 minute debrief at a mutually convenient time. You will receive an electronic 20+ page report 2 days before the debrief. It will consist of an overview of the theory, your personal results, and an explanation of each of the stages. Step Three: You will initiate the call for the 90 minute debrief (Skype is acceptable). The call will include a review of your results, relevant theory underlying your results, your growing edge, and creation of at least one action step for you going forward. You are welcome to record the call if you wish. If you are currently working with a coach, you are welcome to invite your coach to join the call.
360 and Multi-rater Feedback
- Communication 360 – Innolect’s proprietary assessment process helps leaders identify and address key areas for improvement in the areas of interpersonal skills, facilitation, and presentation skills. The behavioral assessment and feedback report provides recommendations for new communication skills/techniques.
- 360 Compact – Innolect’s proprietary tool includes in-person interviews with a detailed report and recommendations with developmental feedback incorporated into IDP.
- Leadership Circle 360
- Birkman Method
- Lominger Voices
- Dension 360
- 360 Compact Talent Development Package
Leadership and Management
- Listener Preference Profile
- Life Styles Inventory
- Myers-Briggs Type Indicator
- Thomas-Kilmann Conflict Mode Instrument
- Advocacy-Inquiry Inventory
- Communication Preferences Profile