What is the Sustainable Legacies℠ Program?
The Sustainable Legacies℠ program is how we build mutually beneficial partnerships between community non-profits and businesses to grow leadership talent. Using external volunteer experiences, we offer innovative ways for corporations to develop new skills and capabilities while providing much needed talent and business acumen to nonprofits in their communities.
Why is this important?
Fortune 500 companies sponsor and invest millions of dollars to dedicated philanthropic, social responsibility and community volunteer activities.
ï‚§ Most, if not all companies, fail to capture ROI opportunities for their volunteer efforts.
ï‚§ Resource-strapped nonprofits receive exposure to business best practices, new skills and dedicated time from high potential leaders, as well as a closer alignment to businesses within their community.
Innolect’s Sustainable Legacies℠ program:
– Offers creative options to integrate social responsibility investments.
– Forms mutually beneficial partnerships with non-profits.
– Links community nonprofit relationships to strategic leadership development.
– Presents a desirable talent development strategy for growing leaders.
– Delivers unique leadership experience often unavailable within an organization.
– Provides individualized options to practice/develop new leadership skills and capabilities.
– Brings back immediate value by applying lessons learned to jobs.
– Captures ROI from your volunteer contributions.
– Achieves a triple bottom-line benefit: for the company, nonprofit organization and leader, while advancing each community’s economic and social condition.
Rather than thinking about a legacy as the last stage of a person’s career, the Sustainable Legacies℠ program invites leaders and their companies to view their legacy as a story being written each day of their working lives.
Who Is It For?
Leaders at all levels of the organization are looking for meaningful and significant ways to give back to the communities in which they live and work. This program is ideal for any socially-minded, growing leader who wants to develop new capabilities and make a difference. The latest research suggests that:
– Emerging Leaders – choose and stay with employers who offer volunteer opportunities through work.
– Employee Resource Groups Leaders (D&I) – seek out employers that allow them to volunteer on company time.
– Younger Generation Leaders – want to work for socially conscious companies that encourage volunteer service.
– Mentors and Mid-career Leaders – seek job enrichment to achieve significance beyond their career aspirations.
– Fast-track High Potentials – are highly motivated by a desire to give back to the world.
– Team Leaders – look for ways to model and develop their own team members individually and as a group.
“You can’t do anything about the length of your life but you can do something about its width and depth.”
Evan Esar, American Humorist (1899 – 1995)
How Do Sustainable Legacies℠ Engagements Work?
External development opportunities are an attractive option, yet corporations find it difficult to manage all the work required to identify the right match, set it up, monitor the results and assure the benefits for the individual and the business.
– Innolect offers a turn-key program that provides nonprofit opportunities, as well as the assessment, orientation and coaching tools to ensure success.
– Innolect facilitates working meetings between business clients and selected nonprofits to identify a range of opportunities to intentionally develop and grow leaders.
1. Strategic Nonprofit Partner Days (hosted by a company)
2. Individual Leader and/or Leadership Team Coaching Opportunities
3. Leadership Development Programs and Initiatives