Reminder – World Kindness Day – November 13th
“I have made my mark and it will endure long after I am gone.”
The rising costs of incivility is well-documented. Leaders wonder what actions they can take to make a difference. Experiments at Oxford University demonstrate that kindness in the workplace has positive benefits for both employees and leaders. Acts of kindness are contagious and include benefits such as:
- Improved cultures of respect
- Better heart health
- Increased longevity
- More positive working relationships
- Greater happiness and compassion
And, Random Acts of Kindness (RAK) have a greater impact on others than ones that are expected or planned. When someone receives a RAK, whether earned or not, it boosts morale, work relationships and positive regard for others.
Many leaders aren’t certain about what to do and need ideas. Innolect’s Random Acts of Kindness (RAK) tools are designed to stimulate ideas and help realize our vision to “Better the World by Growing Leaders and Building Creative High-integrity Workplaces.”
How to Use:
- Use the cards to plan how to recognize and surprise your colleagues, direct reports, managers, clients and/or leaders
- Include the cards as a part of civility, inclusion, and culture change training workshops as a take-away
- Distribute the Leadership Idea Cards to your employees, supervisors, or clients.
- Challenge a team to demonstrate more kindness – give the cards to stimulate ideas.
Note: A percentage of all of Innolect’s profits are donated to nonprofit organizations around the Globe.